OS X vs. Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take Windows, since there's a lot of 3rd party software companies that makes their programs for windows. There's 3rd party mods, themes, and extras. There's 3rd party support, and the support in Windows is greatly vast.

Mac has the tendency to have compability issues, like if the program's too old, it won't run it...even if you NEED it. In windows, it has that too, but there's a compability mode, that could help sometimes.

Now, I do like something about OS X...installing programs...Drag and drop. That simple...

I still take Windows, as I find things simpler to find, the layout's been the same since 95A. There's the games, the tweaks and much more. Macs has them too, but the libraries are way shorter than Windows and Linux(sometimes).
Shouldn't this be in the OS department?

Well, I'm using a MacBook for over a year now. The Mac OS X is more than just a cool GUI, there is a UNIX-Like terminal for those who prefer to type commands. Installing the xcode you also install GCC compiler, so many Linux applications can run in Mac OS X. For example, for programming I use JOE editor and GCC or Java SDK, both in terminal mode. Another issue, about the mouse, I belive that now all Apple products comes with two-button mouse.
About the applications, most of the applications to Windows are available to Mac OS X. If not, you can use BootCamp and have a Windows installed on your Mac.
The OS is very fast and simple. Drag'n drop is very efficient and fun to use. Exposé is useful, you can quickly hide all the windows or show only the windows from one software.
That's it. I preffer Mac OS X...

I prefer OS X over Windows, but I hate the apple hardware.
HAckintoshing isn't worth the effort for the number of bugs you get in most cases, so I'm pretty stuck.

Used to prefer Debian for everything but I can't figure out what happened to it. It seems unstable now, and too many things are changing. Still good for a netbook, but WINE no longer works well for gaming.

What are you talking about?

The last mac i used didnt have a second mouse button?

mac-imac20.jpg

It was a standard mouse with the ball scroll wheel? Or am i doin' it wrong (Lol)?

you need a mighty mouse!

(or an apple mouse as they are now called).

Used to prefer Debian for everything but I can't figure out what happened to it. It seems unstable now, and too many things are changing. Still good for a netbook, but WINE no longer works well for gaming.
Going OT for a bit, but you're gaming on debian? Why?! You can hack around with it to use it for current releases, but yes if that's the case it will be unstable. Debian's designed to be rock solid using its older, default repository and the idea is you might set up a system that's a bit behind the times but you'll be able to leave it alone for ages without doing anything to it. Great for low end server builds - I used it a lot back in the day for that sort of thing.

If you want a general purpose distribution to use for gaming and the like then there's far better alternatives out there.

Windows 7 is best.Because it has better features then the other.And Windows 7 is a vast improvement from Vista as it takes up much less ram and has other optimizations such as fast booting times. I recommend Windows 7, and if you really don't want vista and don't want to wait for the final version of Windows 7, you can download a copy of the Release Candidate from the Microsoft website for free and use it up till June of 2010. I am working with the Release Candidate right now and so far I have absolutely no complaints, considering Im a heavy computer use with advanced software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom