frldyz

In Runtime
Almost done buying everything needed for my best build.

Currently on our home PC and laptop we have Win. 8.
We are def. not fans. And we do use the option to mimic Win 7.

My wife and I both use Win. 7 @ work and are very comfortable with it.

How crazy would I be if I installed Win. 7 (64bit prof).
I understand 10 is around the corner. And if 10 turns out to be something great I will get 10. But until then.....

Now what is this I hear about Windows no longer offering updates for Win 7?

Thanks everyone

*Would you buy a Win 7. software package in box from someone online or CL?

I would absolutely 100% buy Win7. Even if they stop offering updates, that's fine, win7 doesn't need updates. I have Win8 on my laptop and hate it, I not too long ago built this computer and I went with win7 myself. So my recommendation would be, yes get windows 7.

Everyone on Windows 7 and 8 will be offered a free upgrade to 10 once it's released. If I were you I'd avoid buying anything and just reinstall what ever you have and wait for Microsofts next announcement.

I'd disagree to that, because they might really not like Win 10 either, so that way they have win 7 and even if they do upgrade, if they don't like win10 they can always go back to win 7. IMO.

I already hate win10, it tracks even more than anything else has. Hey paragraphs from the privacy policy:
“Microsoft collects information about you, your devices, applications and networks, and your use of those devices, applications and networks. Examples of data we collect include your name, email address, preferences and interests; browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data; device configuration and sensor data; and application usage.”
[When you] “use voice input features like speech-to-text, we may collect voice information and use it for purposes such as improving speech processing.”

In short: Microsoft can record you and anything you say without warning. In light of the Xbox One controversy about an always listening console this is Microsoft returning to dangerous ground. And yet the killer clauses are still to come:

1. “[When you] open a file, we may collect information about the file, the application used to open the file, and how long it takes and use it for purposes such as improving performance”

2. “[When you] enter text, we may collect typed characters and use them for purposes such as improving autocomplete and spellcheck features.”

In short: Microsoft can view your existing files and keylog everything you type when you create new ones. Use Windows 10 and you are agreeing to give access to all your data to the company.

Yes this is an operating system which can listen to everything you say, read everything you own and track everything you write and click.

They hide the reason of why they track EVERYTHING with stupid ass reasons as " Improving spell check ".

Last edited:
I use win7 on my G7 and my desk system. It's less complicated than win8 to use. Haven't had any hiccups so far.

As for using what you have, you'd have to sacrifice the other system to be able to use another copy of the OS. Newegg is going nuts with all kinds of sales. Scope them out for a good deal on a legit copy of win7. Upgrades, since I've been in computers have always been offered. Personally speaking, if I upgrade, I like to seize the opportunity to save what's important, and do a clean install.

Don't mind NikonGuy. He's just a wee bit paranoid.

Don't mind NikonGuy. He's just a wee bit paranoid.

Nothing to do with paranoid. Fact is fact and what they do is simply wrong. Why don't you let the Govt march into your house and take note of every single possession you have and where it is and how often you use it, and why? Same thing. Do you let any random person who wants to read your texts? Wether the texts are with a wife, kids, friends? No, you don't. No one does. Because it's not their business.

I use win7 on my G7 and my desk system. It's less complicated than win8 to use. Haven't had any hiccups so far. ...
I disagree that Win 8 is more complicated to use than Win 7. I have both Win 7 and Win 8 machines and bounce back and forth between them thru out the day and, for the most part, I don't even think about the fact that I'm on a different machine with a different OS. I use the same set of programs on each and there is very little difference. Of course, I stick with the desktop on Win 8 and don't use any "modern" apps.

I disagree that Win 8 is more complicated to use than Win 7. I have both Win 7 and Win 8 machines and bounce back and forth between them thru out the day and, for the most part, I don't even think about the fact that I'm on a different machine with a different OS. I use the same set of programs on each and there is very little difference. Of course, I stick with the desktop on Win 8 and don't use any "modern" apps.

And I disagree to that... I find win 7 to be far more user friendly than win 8.

If you are totally a windows 7 fan, why you dont try to use vertual machine. Install windows 7 inside your windows 8 or 10. It is not a good idea to run a system without updates, it might lead you to the hands of those hackers sneakinh around.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Forums

If you are totally a windows 7 fan, why you dont try to use vertual machine. Install windows 7 inside your windows 8 or 10. It is not a good idea to run a system without updates, it might lead you to the hands of those hackers sneakinh around.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Forums

?

?

Windows 7 still gets support btw. You have to remember, the OS stops getting updates after they decide there is nothing else to update. Win 8 won't have an update for a long time if ever again.

Back
Top Bottom