Optimize Windows for better performance!

donetao

Banned
Hi Here's a excellent link to help you speed up and maintain your PC.
Read this link and then get rid of all those snake oil programs you have that promise to optimize and speed up your computer. They will only cause your grief and this link is all all you need to keep your PC purring like a kitten.
PS Msconfig and things you should know. It is a trouble shooting tool and not meant for controlling start ups!!
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/using-system-configuration#1TC=windows-7
Optimize Windows for better performance - Windows Help

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/is-computer-infected-spyware#1TC=windows-7
Who know better then Microsoft how to maintain your PC.:ermm:
Try the Performance troubleshooter

The first thing that you can try is the Performance troubleshooter, which can automatically find and fix problems. The Performance troubleshooter checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.
Open the Performance troubleshooter by clicking the Start button
4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg
, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under System and Security, click Check for performance issues.

Attachments

• Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hi! Does anyone use this?? Doesn't mean much to me. I suppose 5.8 isn't wonderful, but maybe not to bad??? What do you think?
What's your performance rating. Any one have 7.9?

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Capture49.jpg
    Capture49.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Wow! Can't get much better than that. Do you have any tips on how you got 7.6??
What are your specs??

Attachments

• Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 1
I did 3 months of research on what all I wanted and wanted it for. Then it was Hi Ho Newegg, Away!!! It's not a gaming rig just wanted to be able to multi task and watch BR movies at a higher resolution. Plays BR's nice but with the prices of those discs and not much of a selection, I turned to alternate sources. Don't ask...

It's got a quick CPU chip in it and plenty of RAM. The power supply is hefty enough to allow for future expansion. The vid card is SLI capable and has plenty of internal ram to make some amazing high res images. Total it has 5TB of hard drive space not including the C: SSD drive. The case is an Antec P280. Heavy, rugged, and oh so church mouse quiet.
Here's part of what Belark saw. Specky has been misreading a lot on my system. Belark is more accurate.

http://multirotorplatforms.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=809&d=1437495694

Hi Cool! Nice rig! I use Belarc also. I see why you have a 7.6 and I have a 5.8.
Don't watch movies or gamer. I'm satisfied with my old Toshiba for now. Our retirement cottage is small and I don't want to upset the wife. She just allows me a little area for my stuff! LOL
Thanks for your reply!!

Nice build. Here is my latest build:
N WIN GT1 White SECC Steel, Intel 1-5 4670k, Ddr3 Crucial 2133 16 gb, Seasonic 750 watt modular psu, Crucial 256 gb Ssd drive and WD Raptor 300 gb Sata 6.0 hard drive, ATi R280X video card, MsiMS-7850 1150 motherboard and Windows 7 Professional.

Attachments

• New Build1.jpg
    New Build1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom