operating system problem

dionysus198

Baseband Member
I bought a computer this past spring that came with vista on it, I have a spare WD hardrive with nothing on it, My problem is i want to have 2 hds for this computer, the original one that came with vista and my spare one to have xp on it. I put in the spare one after unplugging the other one and i go to put the xp disc in and it boots from the disc, i get to the part where i have to partition the drive and it just blue screens every time. I get the message setupdd.sys is not found it its bad or somthing like that.. i figured it could be a bad ram module so i took 1 stick out, and vice versa and still get the same error message when i try to partition the drive to install xp, why isnt this working and why cant i install xp? thanks for the help

have you checked if the other drive was been installed properly? or either checked if there are scratches in your disc?

now i figured out that its not recognizing my harddrive.. says no disk is available so im thinking i dont have the raid drivers? or it has somthing to do with them not being installed? .. thanks

Back
Top Bottom