ok, two n00b-ish questions...

Plaid.exe

Baseband Member

I wasn't sure where to post this, I hope it's ok here...
Anyway,
First off;
I have a problem viewing streaming music play lists and videos..
I use play list.com and I can use there play lists on there site, and I can successfully post it to other sites, but when I try to view the play list once I've posted it, I get a image smiler to a broken image... the same goes for videos, there was a video on the yahoo page in the news, I know who cares, point is I get the same broken link image. It's a blank square with an picture of a picture (as opposed to the red 'X') in the upper left hand corner.
The wierd thing is video works in You toub, on the site that is, but if a vidoe is embeded in another web page, like on myspace it doesn't show...
I'm running Internet Explorer 8... I'm not sure what plug-ins I've got... anyway, I looked up there web site and all it tells me is to up grade to IE8. (WTF) and all the help pages I've try just end up promoting vista...

Second:
I have McAfee, and every time I boot up, McAfee downloads updates. (Kool-Aid) But then, after it's done, I get a pop-up saying "your computer is not fully protected." So I click the button and open the McAfee menu and it says that "System Guard" has been deactivated and I have to click the fix buton... I just want to know if this is normal? I mean, why would my computer protection software turn off my computer protection???

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Oh and random smily:
EyeTwitch.gif

as far as the second question some of the updates may need to shutdown the computer and restart to reactivate the system guard. The next time it happens keep your eye open for any popups.

Video issue: Do a Java and a Flash update (java.com & adobe.com). See if that helps.

McAfee issue: Change the updates to not update every time you turn your computer on and see if that makes any difference. If so, then it might be something with the update process and you may want to change it to update just once a week or something.

Back
Top Bottom