Ntldr file is missing.. Require urgent solution

kr.krishna

Beta member
hi
i am new to this forum. i have encounter this problem in my desktop.
i tried to insert a win xp cd and tried
copy d:/i386/ntldr c:/
copy d:/i386/ntdetect.com c:/
the follow files could not be copied..

i have also done chkdsk /r
and the response is the volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems

what should i do??

You might be trying to install that from an SP1 cd and you updated to SP3

What OS is it?

Try removing the cmos battery, could be the bios... take it out and put it back in..

Well I don't really think theirs much you can do if the copy doesn't work, what about taking the HDD to another computer, use it as slave, then look online for SP2 of that file and copy it over like that?

first i treid connecting as a slave. the comp was unable to load xp, then i connected as slave it after loading xp carefully. if i do so comp 'll be hanged.

i think i wrongly connected as a slave.

how to make a hdd as a slave.?

but please help me in resolving ntldr issue as i don't 've a spare pc now

wait.. their just follow this first

Make sure the harddrive you're booting has an O'S on.. then have another harddrive as slave, to change it to slave, on the harddrive will be a jumper, a little pin, you'll see when you pull it out, it will tell you which one to cover to put it as slave, you'd want to do this and then set the first harddrive as default and it will boot from that, from their have a look around online for the file itself and copy it over.

Personally tho I''ve had this problem alot of times and I've always formatted because the boot is broke..

Try going to repair again via the windows xp disk then in command prompt log in to admin and try type:

fixmbr

or

fixmbr/device/c:/

Back
Top Bottom