Is this normal?

Well ... if you want a Knoppix CD why can´t you just download it as an ISO image and then burn it onto a CD ? Anyways, if your looking for a free Linux CD, Ubuntu is offering it´s new version called ´Breezy Badger´, i ordered mine and it should be coming within a few weeks, so why not you try it out :)
Anyways, i have to agree with AnonymousI, sometimes it is hard to find a program which is specifically targeted at Linux, although you could use a windows emulator such as WINE to use the programs ... still, there are alot of different alternatives :)

I repair pc's and do networking. I like windows just because that most of the people we do work for have windows, never a Linux service call. Do a lot of mainboards make Linux drivers, what about hardware. ? What about software ?

dyserq said:
Well ... if you want a Knoppix CD why can´t you just download it as an ISO image and then burn it onto a CD ? Anyways, if your looking for a free Linux CD, Ubuntu is offering it´s new version called ´Breezy Badger´, i ordered mine and it should be coming within a few weeks, so why not you try it out :)
Anyways, i have to agree with AnonymousI, sometimes it is hard to find a program which is specifically targeted at Linux, although you could use a windows emulator such as WINE to use the programs ... still, there are alot of different alternatives :)

I see now that they have linux on DVD, i wonder how much that differs from the regular cd version. Since it's a DVD it can probably be more reliable, but would it have to be a re-writable one, that's what i would like to know.

No, neither the CD nor DVD versions are rewriteable. It just loads the system files into memory when you boot from them. None of the files on the disc are actually changed.

Back
Top Bottom