No wireless networks avaliable

Tersie82

Solid State Member
I just bought a used HP dv6000 and I can't connect to the internet. When I try to connect to a wireless network it says there are no wireless networks avaliable. I have the switch on the bottom of the laptop on the right. Should it be on the left? Also the light is orange. Should it be blue?

I looked in network connections already. Can someone guide me to set it up?

Wireless card is ON if it is BLUE, and OFF if it is ORANGE.

if you can't find your network, make sure the wireless adapter and your wireless router are using the same protocol (e.g. 802.11n). If they are both running the same or compatible protocols, use an RJ-45, plug into your router and update the wireless drivers.

Well the light is orange. I don't use a router. We get a signal from our neighbor. It is something in the settings. I'm just not sure what it is.

Well lets start by getting your wireless working. You said that you have an HPdv6000. Has your wireless worked in the past? Also, what OS do you have on your computer?

Well lets start by getting your wireless working. You said that you have an HPdv6000. Has your wireless worked in the past? Also, what OS do you have on your computer?

I just bought the laptop from someone so Ive never used the Internet on it before. It is windows 7.

if im not mistaken I think that is the laptop HP had a recall on for overheating issues. the 1st part to die from it was the wireless card so you may have bought a lemon if it is the 1 that had that issue

Overheating shouldn't affect the Wireless card, Check your function keys "f1 f2 f3" ect. and hit the one that has the wireless symbol on it to enable your wireless card. Some Computers also have a switch make sure the switch is turned to the on position.

Back
Top Bottom