No bootable device error

Gregory60060

Beta member
[FONT=&quot]Hi. I have an HP G71-329WM Laptop. I don't know much about computers so I couldn't really give you specs because I have no idea what they are. Anyways, I keep getting the error "No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key". If you click on this link (http://s12.postimage.org/72f2hz4kd/IMG_0144_1.jpg) it will take you to a crappy picture I took with my iPod to show you exactly what I was going through. I have been looking all over the place for my boot disk but I haven't been able to find it. If someone could please help me with my problem I would really appreciate it because the only thing I have seen about this is replacing my hard drive and I really don't want to go through that. Thanks.[/FONT]

Check that there is no CD in the tray. Check that there are no USB sticks in any of the USB ports. Check that there are no floppy disks in a floppy drive (if applicable).

If there is nothing in any of those, then chances are the hard drive failed.

Go into BIOS and make the first boot device your hard drive. Than when you restart remove any CD in the tray and try again. For more information checkout this site

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom