New OS for laptop?

sumo901

Solid State Member
I have a hp dv6 something and I am planning on replacing my laptop's hdd because of all the bad sectors it had.

My laptop has extreme slow startups (since day 1) and also has this dual video cards, one integrated and the other one is radeon 6770 which also forces me to use hp's crappy old drivers for the radeon

I was wondering is it a good idea to install a fresh windows 7 rather than using the preinstalled one that came with the laptop and is it safe to use a fresh one?

Are all my my drivers going to be reinstalled properly?

Its perfectly fine to use a fresh copy of an OS than the pre-installed one that come with the laptop, You'll need to go to HP's website and download most of drivers yourself, A good program I use is this Download Unknown Devices - MajorGeeks, It will find any unknown devices and tell your the name of them so that you can go to Google and search for the drivers.

Look on the big white sticker on the bottom and get the complete model number. It's going to be something like this > DV6205US. That's the model number off my DV6 so you're looking for some thing like that. There are so many variations of the DV6 it would be helpful to have it.
Mine's a core2duo @ 2.6ghz with 2 gigs of ram and an 80gig hard rive. It came with XP home on it but when Vista came out I nabbed a copy and after formatting the entire drive I installed that one. Purrs like a kitten considering her age.

Back
Top Bottom