New to forum

Brett Beisner

Beta member
Hi, I have an IBM Lenovo thinkpad T61 XP 80gb harddrive & 1gb RAM and I would like to replace the harddrive with a new 350gb harddrive and 4gb ram and upgrade from XP to windows 7 I have already purchased the harddrive and ram and is on its way. My question is after I replace the harddrive and ram I will need to purchase windows 7 will it come with all needed drivers and will I need to do anything after replacing the harddrive other than the new installation of the new operating system.
Thanks for you help.

Do I need to save anything from my old harddrive there isnt anything personal that I need but do I need to save anything else to get the computer to work after I load win 7 on my new harddrive sorry for the stupid questions but I am not real good with computers,

If there isn't any files like documents, videos, photos and music and other various files then just take it and put the new one in and install windows 7.

If there are any unique drivers for the hardware in your system you can always snag them from the maker's website.

Back
Top Bottom