Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-21-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default New ASUS Eee Top Slow Issue

Hello my dad bought me an ASUS Eee Top. I've had it for a few days now and I must say I need some serious help. The whole thing runs like a snail; as I'm typing this, the words appear a few seconds after I type them. Can someone please tell me how to tweak this to perform like it is suppose to? To let you know how laggy this is, google takes 30 seconds to load, and when I go on any website the average is like one whole minute for the page to be fully loaded. And when I open a window it's like 10 seconds loading time, even my previous 6 year old notebook runs faster than this! These are the specs, please help thanks:

Windows Vista Home Premium
Service Pack 2

Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU 330 @1.60GHz
2.00 GB RAM

The graphics card is called NVIDIA ION, besides that not much is given... Please help thanks!

GIGNInfantry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
Baseband Member
Default Re: New ASUS Eee Top Slow Issue

check you graphics card number again I thought these came with the intel 950, which is not designed for vista. I think your main problem is that its a low end spec single core with low bus speeds. You may be better running it on XP if you can that will amke a significant difference. if not make sure you graphics drivers are up to date.
EVGA 680i enthusiast board 1066Mhz FSB, 4Gb DDR800 GSkill RAM, 450GB HD + .5TB external, PNY Verto GeForce 8800 GTX Graphics adapter,overclocked. Zulman CPU cooling, Thermaltake ToughPower 750w Modular SLI Certified Power Supply.
chin00k47 is offline   Reply With Quote