Network Controller

Normus

Beta member
Hello all,
The network controller one of my computers is missing drivers. I recently installed an upgraded OS (Windows 7 Ultimate) In doing so, I forgot to back-up all of the needed drivers for the various utilities, like the Network Controller. The only resulting impediment is from the computer not being able to browse the internet wireless. Usually this is a pretty quick fix by going to the controller's manufacturer's site and downloading the driver.

My issue here is that I do not remember who the manufacturer is. Can anyone tell me where I might look on the physical computer to determine the "make and model" so to speak of the network controller?

Thanks

Copy this code:

@echo off
color 1f
cls
:A
echo 1)View System Information
echo 2)View Report
echo 3)Exit
set /p op=
if %op% ==1 goto 1
if %op% ==2 goto 2
:1
systeminfo>C:\windows\Temp\Info.txt
:2
start C:\windows\Temp\Info.txt
:3
Exit

-------------

Save that in to notepad as info.bat

run the batch file and scroll down untill you see System Manufacturer:

that is who it is with

Kind Regards

If it's an OEM computer (Dell, HP, Sony, etc) you can go to their website and download. If it's a custom built computer, you can go to the motherboard manufacturer's website. Also, have you tried Windows Updates?

Copy this code:

@echo off
color 1f
cls
:A
echo 1)View System Information
echo 2)View Report
echo 3)Exit
set /p op=
if %op% ==1 goto 1
if %op% ==2 goto 2
:1
systeminfo>C:\windows\Temp\Info.txt
:2
start C:\windows\Temp\Info.txt
:3
Exit

-------------

Save that in to notepad as info.bat

run the batch file and scroll down untill you see System Manufacturer:

that is who it is with

Kind Regards

Worked like a charm, thanks. I had used a different bit version than the computer was built for. Just had to get the proper controller driver for the bit size.

Back
Top Bottom