Netbook and a CD-rom is the reason this post is here...

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
Ok, So I have Halo CE, the origional disk/key/ect., but my new netbook, which I ordered after my T42 decided to throw a blue screen hissy fit out of the box. It Does not have a External Cd Rom, and do not want to spend or have the money to spend on an usb cd rom, so I was wondering if there was a Halo CE Iso, so I can play my favorite game, and Install the Halo Custom Edition Adon, without buying an usb adon that I will never use again.

But I was also wondering if the Halo Custom Edition Adon was basicly the modified game, so I could download it without having to install Halo.

Any answers?

You'll either need to make a virtualCD by mounting an ISO to a CD or a Flash Drive, or purchase an external disc drive.

Halo:CE isn't downloadable as far as I know.

Also, a netbook is going to run that game like crap, sorry to break the bad news to you, but netbooks aren't great for gaming, they may run small older games like Warcraft III or Diablo 2, but a first person shooter...good luck..

You're better off asking a friend to use your disc to make a virtual cd for you on a computer that has a disc drive.

You'll either need to make a virtualCD by mounting an ISO to a CD or a Flash Drive, or purchase an external disc drive.

Halo:CE isn't downloadable as far as I know.

Also, a netbook is going to run that game like crap, sorry to break the bad news to you, but netbooks aren't great for gaming, they may run small older games like Warcraft III or Diablo 2, but a first person shooter...good luck..

You're better off asking a friend to use your disc to make a virtual cd for you on a computer that has a disc drive.

Um,last time I checked, Halo is running on my 500mhz Celeron Just fine, and my 1.66Ghz Atom has a PSM 3x the one of the Celeron, even when in power saver mode.

Then my dad can burn my disk onto my 20gb usb HDD.

Um,last time I checked, Halo is running on my 500mhz Celeron Just fine, and my 1.66Ghz Atom has a PSM 3x the one of the Celeron, even when in power saver mode.

You'll probably need GMA booster, I'm on a netbook and have been playing games on it for a while, but you're probably right.. :rolleyes:

Rome: Total War will start up, but getting it to be playable is another story. I suspect you will get tremendous lag.

no, burning your disc to it won't do anything... you will need to mount it, with a program like Isomounter or example.

You'll probably need GMA booster, I'm on a netbook and have been playing games on it for a while, but you're probably right.. :rolleyes:

Rome: Total War will start up, but getting it to be playable is another story. I suspect you will get tremendous lag.

no, burning your disc to it won't do anything... you will need to mount it, with a program like Isomounter or example.

Um, well, Halo was probbly the only game that played well on my HP, it had an Intel 915 card, and so did my Ipaq Celeron system, although, people online said it lagged more, dispite it seeming to be faster.

EDIT:
My dad has been able to basicly burn Iso's wherever he wants, but I don't know what software heuses, ussually, I need two cd roms to burn a disk, but his laptop only has one...

PS: I use DiskMate 1.64 for copying my disks...
As far as I know, the newest version is 2.93, but I can't find the download...

Well, My sister bypassed installation of halo, by taking my drive, copying the halo files, and then pasting them on her computer, NOTE: at the time, our computers both ran Windows XP, this little notebook is running Windows 7 starter, which has been prooven to run Halo.

Back
Top Bottom