needing some help with a problem

wetdug

Beta member
I have a packard bell computer that came loaded up with windows 98 with the package came a recovery disc set. Since I bought this four years ago I have had to use the recovery program twice before and everything went as it should have and recovered it back to the same as it left the factory. However I have been having problems with the computer lots of them and I decided to save all my files and photos to cd and use the recovery program to restore to factory settings. On doing this I had confidence as I had done this twice before but on doing it this time the program went so far and stopped saying thers was a GLUEPART ERROR and then it woould not let me proceed I was told to buy a new cd rom drive which i did but it did not help. I am now at a loss on what to do any solution would be appreciated

When I bought a packard bell computer (My first computer!) it came with the recovery CD that has aan image of the system, but it also came with a windows CD and cd's for all the programs that were on the recovery CD.

if your recovery CD is broken then you could try and tell Packard bell they owe you a new one (what sort of warrenty do you have?)

if they won't give you a new one you might have to start from scratch with the OS cd's and program cd's. (Then like I did you'll have to resign the recovery CD to the bin!)

They should send you a recovery CD (at the cost of a CD and delivery only) whatever warrenty you're on. Just phone them up and ask them to send you one.

Back
Top Bottom