Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-02-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
Beta Member

Red face Need Someone To Reccomend me A Guide of some kind to Reinstalling Windows XP (PLEASE

Hello, I am requesting a link to the best guide that anyone knows of for Installing Windows XP Media Center Eddition 2001. It can be a video, or written, but I am looking for one of the best you know of or can find, I am not asking for you to write a whole one out because that would take much to long. I'm installing it on a laptop and want to make sure the trackpad, and wifi adapter still works after installation.

Please reply to this post with a link to a guide, (I would greatly appreciate it!)

Heres some details (This is completely unnessary to read but just thought i'de put this in to)
I am reinstalling Windows XP Media Center Eddition 2001 on my laptop computer, and I have tried this before and I have made some mistakes which have made things not work, such as it would only let me use windows classic taskbar and not connect to the internet. One other thing i did was instead of deleting the old OS and replacing it with the new OS, it just made two different OS and slowed my computer down. Then my dad did it for me and it was completely perfect. He is unable to do it for me now this time and I do not want to mess up.

lazerblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #2
Baseband Member

Default Re: Need Someone To Reccomend me A Guide of some kind to Reinstalling Windows XP (PLE

Install, reinstall, or uninstall Windows - Help & How-to - Microsoft Windows
All you need to do is make sure you remove the previous OS before installing the new one.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
Solid State Member

Default Re: Need Someone To Reccomend me A Guide of some kind to Reinstalling Windows XP (PLE

If you are able to go online a different computer when you do this i can help you step by step.

Please go to Home - Software downloads and send a message though contact me to check the time.
nijil012 is offline   Reply With Quote