need help with windows vista 32bit

Chris909ielasn

Beta member
hi, im chris, and im trying to downgrade my windows vista home premium 32-bit is it possible? im tired of vista ill rather go back to xp,

I'm pretty sure you'll have to do a full install in order to "downgrade" to XP. Do you have a recovery disk for your PC that has XP on it?

I'm pretty sure you'll have to do a full install in order to "downgrade" to XP. Do you have a recovery disk for your PC that has XP on it?

its windows vista oem, i bought it with vista installed, i want to buy a xp disk and install, but i read on the internet that windows home premium couldn't downgrade, thanks for your response hopefull you got an anwer for me on this one

You'll need a full version XP disk. If you get the upgrade version, it won't work from a newer OS. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a downgrade version. What you're looking at is a complete format and reinstall. Be sure to back up any files you want to keep to an external storage device first.

You'll need a full version XP disk. If you get the upgrade version, it won't work from a newer OS. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a downgrade version. What you're looking at is a complete format and reinstall. Be sure to back up any files you want to keep to an external storage device first.

Ya, unfotunately you need to format/reinstall in order to 'downgrade'. I'd wait for another month and upgrade to 7 when it comes out.

Either way save all your data!

Ya, unfotunately you need to format/reinstall in order to 'downgrade'. I'd wait for another month and upgrade to 7 when it comes out.

is windows 7 better then windows xp? knowing how windows vista and 7 take at least one gig to run euro and all that? does windows xp do that? i want a bad ass gaming computer too thats why, i heard xp is the way to go

ok say i got xp thru download, can i use my windows vista key for xp? will it activate? or will it not? cuz i got a copy of windows xp cd but i was wondering if i need a new activation key or can i use the one from my windows vista?

Yes, 7 is much better than XP. It runs so much faster than xp or vista ever did.

You will need to purchase a new xp key. Your vista key will not activate xp.

Back
Top Bottom