Need help with Windows Live Mail

Douger

Beta member
I just acquired a computer with Windows 7 and was forced to abandon the Earthlink software previously used for e-mail with my previous OS (XP). I downloaded the Windows Live Mail program (free) and at first blush it appears to meet my modest needs. However, can't for the life of me figure out how to set a different default font and font size for composing new messages.

To permanently set the default font face and color for new messages in Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail or Outlook Express:
•Select Tools | Options... from the menu in Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail or Outlook Express.
•In Windows Live Mail, you may have to hold down the Alt key to see the menu bar.

•Go to the Compose tab.
•Under Compose Font, click the Font Settings... button next to Mail:.
•Choose the desired font and color.
•Click OK.
Does The Font Still Look Unnaturally Small?If you have changed your default font to a larger type but still can barely see what you are typing, it may be your reading font settings' fault. Check in the main Windows Mail or Outlook Express window under View | Text Size.
Default Stationery Overrides Default FontNote: to make sure Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail or Outlook Express is using the font you just specified no default stationery must be defined or its font settings will be used no matter what you specified under Font Settings....

Back
Top Bottom