Need help w/ os issues on new Toshiba

Charlie1

Beta member
So I have been running a Gateway laptop with Vista for the last 3 years. And I love it. I also have been starting to play with ubuntu on it as well. But my ole girl has seen better days. And I want to get a faster computer.

So I found a great deal on a Toshiba Satillite C855-S5192. It came with Windows 8, which I really do not like. And my 500 gig HD is down below 400 with all the crap installed on it.

So here is what the problem is. I tried to install Vista and it will not allow me to run both OS. Tells me that I do not have enough space on my HD for both. I tried to reformat and just run Vista but it will no boot from the disc. I am guessing that I am going to have to find software to completely erase the HD and start from there. Anyone have an advice for me? Any help would be great! Thanks!

Ok I need some serious help here. I am about to throw this new laptop out the window.

I can not get it to allow me to install Windows Vista on it. I have tried several different ways and it just wont let me. I want to completely erase the computer and start from scratch. I have a legal copy of Vista on a disc and would like to install it on the new laptop. Anyone have any ideas so I can play with my new toy?

Well if you want to erase the stuff of the hard drive, You can plug the hard drive into another computer and format and then reinstall windows.

You'll need to format the entire hard drive. All partitions. Then go in the bios and make the optical drive the boot drive. Pop the install disc in the drive and reboot. When you're done go back in the bios and make the hard drive the boot drive. Although it won't hurt to leave the optical drive as the boot drive.

Back
Top Bottom