Need help with Unknown win32/Trojan

Tarun Sharma

Beta member
Hi Guys,

I got this trojan which says Unknown win32/Trojan in a popup of Microsoft Security Essentials window yesterday on my Laptop and there is quite quite a bit of info on the web to remove it. but the problem is that this is my official laptop and do not have the Administrator password. I have very limited access to the H/W resources on the comp and hence I cannot down load any anti malware s/w on it and neither can I access the registry to delete the keys for the trojan. Besides I do not know how reliable the solutions suggested by some on the net would be to manually remove the trojan. I am afraid it may do more damage than solve it.

Can a system restore do the trick?? does any one has any ideas....

Would really appreciate help here....
thanks in advance...

When you say official laptop are you speaking of a work computer or government? You should be able to have your IT department remove the malware. You will need to start the computer in safe mode in order to get rid of the malware.

i System restore might do the trick.
it has safed my computer from destruction one time.
But you might not be able to do that corz of the limitation you have on the computer.

if it does not help or cant access the system restore. do as InfectionZero says.

The only problem with System Restore and viruses is that when you run a system restore, it will revert system settings back to how they were before they were infected, but that's only until the file is accessed again on the hard drive. So it's a step in the right direction, but not a permanent fix.

The only problem with System Restore and viruses is that when you run a system restore, it will revert system settings back to how they were before they were infected, but that's only until the file is accessed again on the hard drive. So it's a step in the right direction, but not a permanent fix.

i dont think you are compliantly right on that one. maybe in most cases it is as you are saying. but i have once done i system restore where i never did see that virus again.
i reinstalled XP after 1 year corz of i had to much trash and stuff.

the virus i HAD did at the end prevent me from entering windows. (BSOD)
thats where i did the restore. and there was no error massages and "buy this and buy that"
all was normal

Back
Top Bottom