Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-29-2011, 07:18 AM   #1
Solid State Member
 
I like blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15
Question need help in removing ubuntu

Hi,
I'm running xp and I decided to install ubuntu on my second hard drive to test it out and now I want to remove it but I dont know how to.
Please help.
__________________

I like blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #2
Daemon Poster
 
The_Lucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 749
Send a message via ICQ to The_Lucas Send a message via MSN to The_Lucas Send a message via Yahoo to The_Lucas
Default Re: need help in removing ubuntu

Did you install it from the CD or did you use Wubi?
If you used Wubi, go to Add/Remove Programs in XP, and uninstall Ubuntu.
If you used the CD to install it, you'll have to start over.
__________________

The_Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 277
Default Re: need help in removing ubuntu

this link will help you to uninstall ubuntu
http://makeuseof.com/tag/nongeeks-gu...oting-machine/
sahabcse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
Daemon Poster
 
The_Lucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 749
Send a message via ICQ to The_Lucas Send a message via MSN to The_Lucas Send a message via Yahoo to The_Lucas
Default Re: need help in removing ubuntu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahabcse View Post
this link will help you to uninstall ubuntu
http://makeuseof.com/tag/nongeeks-gu...oting-machine/
Your link doesn't work.
The_Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #5
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 277
Default Re: need help in removing ubuntu

I think some issue with site hosted server. it is not pinging from my end.
sahabcse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:59 AM   #6
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9
Default Re: need help in removing ubuntu

Well there is a really easy way to do it, but it's kind of jerry rigged. I would just boot off the Ubuntu CD again, wipe the partition, and reboot. Then in XP I'd fire up the partition manager and add a new partition, or re-size your current partition. If XP doesn't let you do it, grab Cute Partition Manager, and use that.
TheByteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:58 PM   #7
Daemon Poster
 
The_Lucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 749
Send a message via ICQ to The_Lucas Send a message via MSN to The_Lucas Send a message via Yahoo to The_Lucas
Default Re: need help in removing ubuntu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheByteKnight View Post
Well there is a really easy way to do it, but it's kind of jerry rigged. I would just boot off the Ubuntu CD again, wipe the partition, and reboot. Then in XP I'd fire up the partition manager and add a new partition, or re-size your current partition. If XP doesn't let you do it, grab Cute Partition Manager, and use that.
Problem is GRUB is the boot manager, and if it installed the right way, GRUB is on the partition he installed Ubuntu on and if he erases that partition he won't be able to boot XP again until he reinstalls XP.
The_Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #8
Bogan
 
Neodude112320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320
Default Re: need help in removing ubuntu

[video=youtube;329bybayWDk]
__________________
Desktop:BitFenix Survivor~Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R~ i7 2600K @ 4hz~AMD 6870 1GB~12gb Team Elite DDR3 1333~3xWD In RAID5~W7 Ult
Laptop:Alienware M11x~ i7-2637M 1.7GHz~16GB 1333MHz DDR3~GeForce GT 540M~W7 Ult
Neodude112320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:58 AM   #9
BSOD
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4
Default Re: need help in removing ubuntu

hello,

Yes you can install both OS on your system. First install Win XP then install ubuntu. When u install XP you can see the partition table, just delete one partition which in you want to install ubuntu, after deleting partition continue install Win XP and after completing install Ubuntu.


In same way you can remove ubuntu from your hard drive. just boot from Win XP CD then go to partition table and delete Ubuntu partition and format by FAT or NTFS. aftre formatting just click F3 and restart your pc once and start normallt on XP. your Ubuntu partition you will see on your my computer.


You can see then article for it
--link removed--
sach11tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:06 AM   #10
Daemon Poster
 
connchri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 1,019
Send a message via MSN to connchri
Default Re: need help in removing ubuntu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach11tech View Post
hello,

Yes you can install both OS on your system. First install Win XP then install ubuntu. When u install XP you can see the partition table, just delete one partition which in you want to install ubuntu, after deleting partition continue install Win XP and after completing install Ubuntu.


In same way you can remove ubuntu from your hard drive. just boot from Win XP CD then go to partition table and delete Ubuntu partition and format by FAT or NTFS. aftre formatting just click F3 and restart your pc once and start normallt on XP. your Ubuntu partition you will see on your my computer.


You can see then article for it
PC Troubleshooting
Read his initial post!!! And again, quit with your dam inappropriate link. If you can't even read and understand his question, how will your inadequate blog help?!

Anyway, Ubuntu can mess with the MBR and take up some valuable harddrive space, Neo-dude has hit the nail right on the head with his video tutorial. Follow that and your laughing. Just make sure you don't format the wrong parition or you'll be crying with the lost data.... Also, you should be able to expand your system volume to take up the free space, if unbuntu's partition is on the same drive as your Windows XP parition.

Chris.
__________________

__________________
Delta: "What's wrong Chris?? Chris: "I miss my old Cyrix"
connchri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0