need help with partitions!

tylerc

Beta member
so heres my problem:i was dualbooting with vista and ubuntu and i wanted to put on windows 7 do i installed it turns out when i installed it i didnt go over all the partitions like i thought it would.so i went into computer in windows 7 and i found out that all the other partitions are still there.how do i make it so windows 7 is the only operating system on my computer?

ps:im not really computer advanced so if u could plz post a step by step action that would be great thx.

Do you have anything on the computer that you want to save?

If you don't need to save anything you can do a "clean" install and run Window 7 exclusively.

If you need to save data off of your current partitions, you will have to back up your date first.

Do you have anything on the computer that you want to save?

If you don't need to save anything you can do a "clean" install and run Window 7 exclusively.

If you need to save data off of your current partitions, you will have to back up your date first.

no i have nothing to save how do i do a clean install?

When you reinstall Windows 7, you need to delete the partitions and then format the hard drive. Then you can do a clean install with just W7 on the whole hard drive.

When you reinstall Windows 7, you need to delete the partitions and then format the hard drive. Then you can do a clean install with just W7 on the whole hard drive.

when i go into the installation process it only lets me choose one partition doesnt let me delete any either so im still confused

when i go into the installation process it only lets me choose one partition doesnt let me delete any either so im still confused

One of the buttons at the bottom of the screen [at this point of the Win 7 install] will open more options.

when i go into the installation procces on the screen there is no butons for more options but it does say: to make changes to the partitions then to restart windows for the installation disk

Back
Top Bottom