Need HELP with Malwarebytes operation

steveandbelinda

Solid State Member
Hi, I installed Malwarebytes latest version. I downloaded it from their site, and it downloaded and installed without any problem. But for some reason, when I go to do a scan, it runs for about 12 seconds then stops responding. I got on their tech site and they ran me throught all this downloading of programs to clean up the computer, and we got that all done, but they still don't know what is causing it to act this way. I have unistalled it several times, used their "clean" tool, and reinstalled, and still no go. I ran it about 6 times the other night and it stopped scanning 5 of those times on a different "system32" file everytime, and once on a Malwarebytes file. Then I ran it in "Safe Mode" 3 times, and it ran the scan all the way through without stopping all 3 times, with no infection showing. NEED HELP! :confused:

Attempt a different scanner like Super-Antispyware or Combofix etc.

Try Malware-bytes after that has been done.

Give Spybot-Search and Destroy a try. Link here. It could be some sort of malware blocking Malware-Bytes from working properly. Maybe Spybot will be able to fix it. I believe there is a bootscan options available with Spybot.

Downloaded Spybot and ran. Found some errors and fixed them, but I still have the problem with Malwarebytes running more than 12 seconds or so.

Back
Top Bottom