need help with drivers, no wireless/ethernet

pud

In Runtime
I got an old acer aspire 3680 w/xp mce, there was just so much stuff on the drive and the OS was missing framework so I wiped the HDD and installed a copy of xp. Now I have no drivers, cant get online via ethernet cable or wireless. I have a USB drive so Im thinking I will need to go on my PC and download all the needed drivers, and install from thumb drive to laptop...am I correct? How do I do all this?

That's right. Go the Acer's web site and search out the drivers for your model. Download them, move them to the usb drive, then move the drive to the laptop. Once you've copied the drivers to the laptop, you should be able to run the installers for each.

Sometimes drivers won't automatically install, they'll just be extracted to a folder. You'll have to take note of which drivers are for which devices. Then you can go to device manager and install the drivers. You may have a list of unidentified devices and it may not be obvious how to find the devices that need drivers. If that's the case, delete all the unidentified devices from device manager and reboot. When you get to desktop, you'll be prompted to add a driver for each device. Then you can point to the correct folder and the driver will be added.

right on thanks, I finally found a driver that got my internet working doing this method.

Back
Top Bottom