need help

nameless1

Beta member
i had a laptop with vista basic and i got the blue screen of death. i couldnt do anything,so i tried to down load a new verison of vista. it work i was able to run windows but almost all my drivers were not working. so some one told me to format the hard drive and reload windows. so i did and now i cant cause its says that a boot program is not there. so my question is - is there anyway i can take the hard disk out of my laptop and put it in my desktop and create a mirror of my operating system to work in my laptop? any kind of help would be great, even if its thats i just screwed everything up and know it a large paper weight. thanks again

what is prompts is that the BOOTMGR is missing

i had a laptop with vista basic and i got the blue screen of death. i couldnt do anything,so i tried to down load a new verison of vista. it work i was able to run windows but almost all my drivers were not working. so some one told me to format the hard drive and reload windows. so i did and now i cant cause its says that a boot program is not there. so my question is - is there anyway i can take the hard disk out of my laptop and put it in my desktop and create a mirror of my operating system to work in my laptop? any kind of help would be great, even if its thats i just screwed everything up and know it a large paper weight. thanks again

what is prompts is that the BOOTMGR is missing

I've had this problem before in the past, It should be an easy fix,

Assuming you have your windows disk,
Insert it and boot from it, Then when prompted, select your language and hit next, Select the "Repair your computer" link at the bottom left, Choose your windows vista partition and click next then choose "Startup Repair"

Your computer will then begin its repair process, Wait a bit for it to complete and restart.

Your computer should now boot up properly.

Back
Top Bottom