need help

nameless1

Beta member
i had a laptop with vista basic and i got the blue screen of death. i couldnt do anything,so i tried to down load a new verison of vista. it work i was able to run windows but almost all my drivers were not working. so some one told me to format the hard drive and reload windows. so i did and now i cant cause its says that a boot program is not there. so my question is - is there anyway i can take the hard disk out of my laptop and put it in my desktop and create a mirror of my operating system to work in my laptop? any kind of help would be great, even if its thats i just screwed everything up and know it a large paper weight. thanks again

what it prompts is BOOTMGR is missing

i had a laptop with vista basic and i got the blue screen of death. i couldnt do anything,so i tried to down load a new verison of vista. it work i was able to run windows but almost all my drivers were not working.

You probably downloaded a bad version of Windows. Go purchase a legit copy and then reinstall it.

so some one told me to format the hard drive and reload windows.

Did it prompt you that your windows installation would be moved to Windows.old? If not, and you actually formatted the drive, all your files are now gone... :( sad face

so i did and now i cant cause its says that a boot program is not there. so my question is - is there anyway i can take the hard disk out of my laptop and put it in my desktop and create a mirror of my operating system to work in my laptop?

No, Windows will recognize that there's different hardware and not allow you to use it.

well this sucks, the first windows i had was from the factory,yes it moved stuff to old windows but i it didnt loose any thing. my whole hard drive was erased after i formated. there is nothing there. if i but a new copy will that work? and whene i boot up it says that the BOOTMGR is missing , what is that? is my computer a paper weight?

if i but a new copy will that work?

Yes, it should work without issue.

and whene i boot up it says that the BOOTMGR is missing , what is that?

The Windows Boot Manager (BOOTMGR) reads the boot configuration data and displays an operating system selection menu,[1] and is thus, in some respects, equivalent to the boot selection menu functionality of NTLDR in prior versions of Windows NT. A notable change is that the Windows Boot Manager is invoked by pressing the space bar instead of the F8 function key. [2] The F8 key still remains assigned for advanced boot options once the Windows Boot Manager menu appears.

is my computer a paper weight?

No

got a new verison but now after i turn it on it says
PXE-E61 Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F Exiting PXE ROM

BOOTMGR is missing

im at a stump and i dont know what the hell to do any help would be great.
thank you

Go into the BIOS and disable booting from network. Make sure the boot priority is CDROM first and that should fix the issue.

i also faced the same issues which you are facing and my friend told me about "ijinni technician" i contacted them at WWW dot ijinni dot COM.any issues. just open the website and you can chat with the experts who are Microsoft certified technicians and will fix the issue itself on the spot or u can call them through Skype or contact and for more visit their website as it is very user friendly website. just click on the chat as the response rate will be very fast from them and they have fixed my issues in no time.

Back
Top Bottom