Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-11-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
Beta Member

Default Need help

Not sure if this is a software problem, but rather something to do with the hardware. I keep getting an error message "system not fully installed, run setup again" i receive this error message after re-installing the pc using the manufacturer provided re-installation cd's. there is no problem formating the hard drive, or installing the software. everything goes fine till it tries to load the desktop for the first time. then i get the message. I've used the recovery cd's before, so i know they work. thats why i suspect a hardware problem.. But what in the world could it be?

jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:44 AM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz
Default Re: Need help

Do you get any STOP codes? Try running it again and format the HDD again. Also clean the CD

Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:08 PM   #3
Beta Member

no stop codes, just that message. I get all the way past the eula, selecting a time zone, how do you connect to the internet and other screen. it then starts windows, i get the dektop with the "please wait" message as it configures and loads programs, and the the message box saying system not fully installed, run setup again. at that point it restarts and tries again only to fail. It just keeps doing that in a loop
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:38 AM   #4
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to pctechmike Send a message via MSN to pctechmike

Have you installed any new hardware in the machine? Most of the time a driver conflict will present you with the famous BSOD, and ordinarily I would think this would be a hardware issue as well- if so, it's going to be with the hard drive, or possibly the controller. Is this a SATA or IDE drive? Try booting the computer with the essentials- proc, mem, and only the hard drive hooked up- see if it will load all the way up. If not, I would say it's the hard drive. Is it a "restore" cd, or an OEM with the manufacture sticker on it? (The Disc)
pctechmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:31 PM   #5
Beta Member

Try this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320279

thanks

Ronnie
Online Backup Solutions
www.disksave.com
rollytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:10 AM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

i hope ronnie was not not trying to advertise his site, otherwise the mods will not be happy.... hmmm
Old 02-25-2007, 10:49 AM   #7
The Candyman

Quote:
Not sure if this is a software problem, but rather something to do with the hardware. I keep getting an error message "system not fully installed, run setup again" i receive this error message after re-installing the pc using the manufacturer provided re-installation cd's. there is no problem formating the hard drive, or installing the software. everything goes fine till it tries to load the desktop for the first time. then i get the message. I've used the recovery cd's before, so i know they work. thats why i suspect a hardware problem.. But what in the world could it be?
1st off i have to ask what OS are you tring to install ? win xp, win Me/SE,ect..
if you are trying to do a restore of XP using the restoration CD's..first you want to make sure in bios that the boot order is like this:

1st boot- Cd rom cdrive
2nd boot- hhd (harddrive)
3rd boot- Usb or none

now put in the cd that has the driver's on it, it should come up with two or three options :

1) restore windows
2) go to dos

before doing a restore go to option 2) dos mode..once in dos type "fdisk" without the quotes. then click yes...you will want to use the whole hhd for the partition (NTFS format). now once the format is done, make a dos partition.

once that's done, exit out of there and reboot the computer..boot from the cd and this time choose restore. Now it will install windows and your set.