Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-27-2008, 04:40 PM   #1
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Berne
Unhappy NAOMI Software

Hi All,

I have installed NAOMI adult content blocker....problem is this...as I wanted the programe to run 24/7 I thought well the password will never be used again so I randomly hit a number of keys as the password and foolishly did not record the password....now the programe is not allowing me to browse via Explorer or Firefox? I cannot uninstall the programe and need assistance in this respect.

I have tried Last Know Good Config....The programe is not listed in the Add Remove Section of CP.....I tried a sys restore but the programe still loads...and Im now forced to browse using Safe Mode.
I also cannot delete the files via C drive the folder was hidden but even when shown I cannot delete the folder as the programe is running in the background.

The support for the programe ceased June 2006 ( yea I know I should of checked this out ) anyhow too late now.

If you think you know of a password utility or other tweak to remove the programe then Id be greatful for your advisory.

Dont mean to ruin your holiday time , so when time permits a reply would be great.

Regards,

Berne

XP HOME ED

Old 12-27-2008, 06:46 PM   #2
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to sherwood Send a message via MSN to sherwood
Default Re: NAOMI Software

have you tried to use a program like perfect uninstaller?

my rig: Foxconn M7VMX Series|Intel Core 2 Duo E7200GHz|2.00GB of RAM|500GB Western Digital SATA HDD|500GB Hitachi SATA|500GB Maxtor External|Nvidia GeForce 8 Serise 512MB.|400W power supply.|Windows Vista Ultimate|19" HD Monitor
sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:22 AM   #3
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Berne

Hi Sherwood,
Many thanks .... excellent uninstall utility....although the programe was not listed in the table of programes available to uninstaller initially....with the super Force Uninstall option success was acheived.

An extended handshake to you Sherwood, Happy New Year to you,...Have a great day!

Regards,

Berne
Old 12-28-2008, 02:28 PM   #4
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to sherwood Send a message via MSN to sherwood

Ah right good! glad everything is sorted now

I also would advise you to run ccleaner incase it has left any traces in your registry, this will prevent it from causing any problems in the future
my rig: Foxconn M7VMX Series|Intel Core 2 Duo E7200GHz|2.00GB of RAM|500GB Western Digital SATA HDD|500GB Hitachi SATA|500GB Maxtor External|Nvidia GeForce 8 Serise 512MB.|400W power supply.|Windows Vista Ultimate|19" HD Monitor
sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote