My laptop doesn't always go to sleep when I close it?

LOLZpersonok

In Runtime
I got a really awesome Windows 8 laptop recently. It's really fast too. Anyways, sometimes, when I close the lid it won't go to sleep, it'll stay there with the screen off like it's going to sleep but it never does. The fans will stay running, the backlit keyboard will stay on, etc. It doesn't always happen though. Also, sometimes when I shut it down, it'll do the same thing...

Help please, I don't want it doing this anymore!

Does it go into sleep at all anymore?
Have you changed the settings at all?
It could be the sensor the detects the clip going bad, if its still under warranty, get it fixed.

My laptop doesn't sleep when I close the lid? - Yahoo! Answers

It only does this sometimes. I haven't really changed any settings, so no.

And I meant to post an edit to my original post but the site wouldn't let me.

What I was going to post in the edit was that sometimes when it does this (by not going to sleep when I close the lid) I waited for some time until it actually shut off. I turned it back on and when I got to my desktop, Windows said something to the effects of "Windows encountered an error and shut down" or something like that. Then I click the button that sends the report to Microsoft.

TBH, im not really sure at this point, Maybe somone else could help you, try PM'ing a site team member, sorry i couldnt help, GL to you

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Could also try calling the support of the laptop company to see if they could help.

Instead of closing the lid, take a few extra seconds and just put it to sleep using the power options.

My guess is there's something running in the background that isn't letting it go to sleep. Do you close everything before putting trying to put it to sleep? Including anything that might be running in the background?

Instead of closing the lid, take a few extra seconds and just put it to sleep using the power options.

My guess is there's something running in the background that isn't letting it go to sleep. Do you close everything before putting trying to put it to sleep? Including anything that might be running in the background?

I close all running programs when I put it into sleep/shut it down. I've already tried using the power options, those do the same thing as when I put it into sleep.

Back
Top Bottom