My laptop crashed

theoperatorfile

Solid State Member
My laptop (Windows Vista) has crashed when updating to Windows 7 Ultimate. I realize now that Ultimate was a big jump, and my computer can't run that. I just need help. I will supply any needed information.
Thanks.

If you computer can run Vista, it should be able to run 7 without issue. I have installed 7 on many machines that were running Vista and found that 7 ran much better.

What are the full specs of the laptop?

I don't know. It's crashed, so I can't load it up. The reason why it crashed is because of the version of windows 7 I believe.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

2GB ram, Intel Integrated Graphics Card.
It crashed because of windows 7 ULTIMATE.
Ultimate was too much for it's capabilities

The system requirements for Ultimate and Home Premium are exactly the same. Ultimate just supports certain things that Home Premium does not such as Remote Desktop and Bitlocker drive encryption.

It is most likely a problem with the display driver. See if you can boot it into safe mode.

Okay it says Launch Startup Repair and Start Windows Normally

-Launch Startup Repair: Black Screens with my mouse on a black screen.

-Start Windows Normally: Shows the Loading Windows with the flag animation above it. Shortly after it black screens then restarts computer.

Last edited:
If you select start windows normally and press F8, you should be presented with options to boot into safe mode.

Okay I'll try that

----- Didn't Work. Did the same Crash, Reboot.

----------- Wait I did it through CD options.
I'll notify you if it worked or not.

----------- It did the black screen thing. I'll try other options.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom