Multiple Monitor Help

jmacavali

Fully Optimized
I have 2 monitors and I have on-board video and a Video Card. The video card is only a single output card (one DVI slot). I want to be able to run dual monitors and extend my desktop across them both. Right now all I can do is clone them. Is there software that will allow me to do this?

(I wasn't sure if this was hardware or software or neither or where to put it)

There are just the mobo that came in the computer and a video card that was the only display of my old computer. It's a Lenovo Thinkcentre 9637 tower. I don't know where to find the type of mobo and the video card doesn't really say anything on it about what it is. It does say Silicon Image on the top of it.

Also in the Display properties only one monitor is listed. I don't know if this is right, but I was expecting to find both of them listed there.

You will have to go into the BIOS and re-enable the onboard graphics. It may or may not let you do this, it kinda depends on age and chipsets. Generally you will have to either enable hybrid crossfire (if its ATI) or you will have to find the graphics init order and change it from auto to pci-e/onboard. then just go into the graphics driver and setup extended desktop.

It's XP SP3.

I'll look into the Bios and see what i can find.

In the Bios, the options for Video are:
IGD....PEG....PCI....AUTO.

It seems that no matter which one I set it too, there is only ever 1 monitor listed in the Display Settings. This means that I am unable to click the 'extend desktop' option.

Also, it is an Intel Onboard Card and in that software, I am able to 'clone' the 2 monitors but am not able to extend the desktop. At least it's not an option I've found.

Back
Top Bottom