For well over a year now I have had to tolerate a really irritating issue to do with my mouse whereby you intentionally use one single left click and it will double click instead. The issue is an all round general annoyance and makes using the PC less enjoyable.
So far I have tried many different options in an attempt to troubleshoot this perennial problem. I have done the following:
- Backed up the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 7
- Checked mouse settings for double click options
- Run many virus scans, including in Safe Mode
- Tried to update the mouse drivers, but the latest version is already installed
- Used 3 different mice and the problem stays
- Used different ports for the mouse
The fact that the problem persists despite testing 3 different mice on the PC would suggest to me that it is a software problem. It is a bog standard dell mouse that I got with the computer almost 3 years ago.
Can someone tell me if I've overlooked something or if they've come across this issue before? It is an absolute pain in the backside to say the least!