Mouse back button needs 3 clicks

Peeb

Beta member
I use stock message boards daily and lately I find that if I go 3 pages deep and want to go back to page 1, the back button on my mouse works fine going back to page 2, but when I go from 2 to 1, I have to click 3 times. Is there a solution for this? TIA.

My guess would be that the website in question has links that take you to a page with an automatic redirect that is taking you to a second page. When you click back once, it hits that redirect again which tries to take you forward again instead of back...result? It takes 2-3 clicks to go back one page.

Pain, but not much you can do about it.

My guess would be that the website in question has links that take you to a page with an automatic redirect that is taking you to a second page. When you click back once, it hits that redirect again which tries to take you forward again instead of back...result? It takes 2-3 clicks to go back one page.

Pain, but not much you can do about it.

This is my first instinct as well. Does this happen on more than one computer?

Also make sure you don't have a 'wheel click' option checked. I used to have a wheel that got stuck because it was an old mouse so it would do what you've described

Back
Top Bottom