midi help

biferi

Daemon Poster
I now can play wav files on my web site but it realy is to long even a 8 sec wav file.

Now all my sounds for my site are not music they are say People Talking or Rain.

Is there a Free wav to midi converter out there?

Or is that only for music?

.wav to MIDI? Mmmmmm, what exactly are you trying to achieve?

Ok look.

.wav is an audio format and MIDI is form of communication between electronic equipment. MIDI does not transmit audio data it transmits messages like pitch information, velocity, clock signals, etc.

This is a common misconception between MIDI and audio.

However you might be able to convert simple 'single' monophonic notes into MIDI information using something like Melodyne, I use it sometimes to correct vocal pitching, and Melodyne DNA can decipher more complex polyphonic material; but it takes a lot of work and understanding of the application to extract the MIDI information.

Unless you have a piece of audio, a piano for example, that you want to re-program using another virtual instrument then I see no need for you to convert any audio into MIDI.

As for 'people talking' or 'rain' forget it cause your going to get MIDI information you seriously won't comprehend.

No worries :)

I remember the very old mobile phones and their basic sounding polyphonic ring tones where you could download new tones and some were literally small MIDI files that would drive the phones basic internal synth/sound module that would in-turn produce the sound.

Back
Top Bottom