Microphone problem when webcam chatting?

qwerty159

Beta member
Hey !! I have a problem with my laptop's microphone ..when i take my own video from my laptop it works fine but when i chat with my friend on either gmail or skype the webcam works fine but the microphone doesn't work..neither he can hear me nor i can hear him. So anyone has a solution to that please help me. My laptop is new and this has been the problem since i first tried to chat with my friend. I also called Dell they are asking for over $100 to fix the problem ..why would i pay that ( I did not even cause the problem). Thanks ..hope for some help :D

Its probably going to be something simple like setting up your mic in control panel (sound settings) or setting up the mic in skype, its clearly not a hardware issue as the mic is working for video, have you setup the mic in skype? etc

Have you done the microphone test in skype? Should be on your contacts as echo/sound test service do that and see if you get sound. May be an issue with the program not recognizing it or being set to the wrong thing..

Back
Top Bottom