Messed up Windows XP Home disc???

winterfreshpwnz

Fully Optimized
(this is the retail disc BTW)

I just tried reformatting and after I finished, I couldn't fully setup Windows XP. There were about 10 times at least when it would say that the setup couldn't copy "...." file and usually when it would tell me that, it would either say this could be due to a messed up disc or the disc may not be in the cd rom, but I only have one disc drive and I have used this disc before to install windows so how could it be messed up? After I quit the setup, I cleaned the disc, and then tried again only this time I didn't reformat, I just went right to the installation but the same problems were occurring, so after I actually installed Windows, I got to the desktop, but things wree kinda missing. The backround for one wasn't the same, there wasn't any windows media player, and it just wasn't quite the same overall. What on earth is the problem, is the disc actually jacked up cuz if so then wtf. Thanks to all who help.

Well i would have to say that either the disc itself it scratched or dirty for the drive not to read it properly.

If this is not the case, then it's the drive that cannot read the disc properly.I would start over installing the OS from a different drive than the one your using now, that is if you have more than one drive.

You can install it using your cd burner drive or dvd drive if you have one..if you only have one drive, then i would suggest that you clean it with one of those CD cleaners you get from the store.

If that does'nt work then you have two options.
1) Get in touch w/the retailer you bought it from, and have them replace it.If they will not, then get in touch with Micro$oft and tell them you need a replacement windows cd, they should work w/you to get you another one.
2) You can just borrow a drive from a friend, just to install the OS, then un-install the drive and take it back out, then put back in your drive when everything is configured ok in your comp.

Back
Top Bottom