memory stick probs

billozz

In Runtime
hi guys,
bought a memeory stick and my laptop running vista would nt recognise it, i get the sound that you get from windows when you insert a drive and remove it but doesnt show up, i even got the drive changed for another assuming it to be faulty but thhe replacement is the sameim running vista i tried going into disk management and as far as i can see its not showing up there, but im not positive so took a screenshot also i did have a message pop up about the drive being able to work faster if plugged into a highspeed port, at the time there was nothing else plugged in so it must be seeing the drive, any ideas on how to get it to show up, incidentally i have also tried restarting the laptop with the drive in to see if that would do it no luck.
i have attached the screenshots to see if they are any help
thanks a lot
Bill

Attachments

• Doc1.pdf
    185.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Doc2.pdf
    98.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
i have tried it a different computer and it shows up, how do i update drivers
thanks
Bill

Go to google and put the name of the memory stick in, like for example "Lexar Jumpdrive 4GB USB drivers" and should come up with some results, If you are not sure please tell me the name of the USB and I will help find them for you..

You might have a problem with the drive format. I installed XP on an old HP via USB stick once, and thought my stick was toast after It finished.

It ended up being somehow it deleted itself, I had to right click on my computer, go to manage, disk manager, and reformat and create a partition on my memory stick. Until then it did the exact same thing yours did.

I hope this helps :)

You might have a problem with the drive format. I installed XP on an old HP via USB stick once, and thought my stick was toast after It finished.

It ended up being somehow it deleted itself, I had to right click on my computer, go to manage, disk manager, and reformat and create a partition on my memory stick. Until then it did the exact same thing yours did.

I hope this helps :)
can i do this even though i cant see it in disk manager? how do you do that?
thanks

Back
Top Bottom