Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-13-2005, 10:46 AM   #1
Baseband Member
Default Mandrake 10.1 internet help

Hey all, I am pretty new to Linux and I just installed Mandrake 10.1, I am in need of some help setting up my internet I go to the control center and made a network driver for wireless but when it brings up the big list of drivers...I can't figure which I am to use, I am using a Linksux 2.4 wireless b adapter.

Serani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 01:17 PM   #2
In Runtime

Hi ther,

I am not a linux user, but you must use the CD which came with your computer to install the drivers for the wireless software. Obviously if you dont use the CD which gives you the files needed, you will be given a long list of 'guess files'. So use the CD, when installing the drivers and it will do most of the work for you; so long as you have the correct connection settings, everything else should go well.

Good luck

cbachinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 01:59 PM   #3
In Runtime

The CD that came with your hardware for driver support will be useless in Linux, unless by chance they have included a Linux kernel module which I doubt. You need to setup ndswrapper, go here for more help:

*edit* If your looking for a easy fix switch to a wired connection, If your willing to learn go to that link and ask a question there. Personally I don't use wireless connections at all with Linux, so I am unfamiliar with the subject a bit.

How-To guide:
*Join Today*
x0r515t is offline   Reply With Quote