Malware p2p operating system question.

You keep saying Limewire, you're bring back flashbacks of 2005. Limewire is dead isn't it?

that being said I used it for years and never got a virus... it's easy just don't download anything that isnt either .mp3, .avi or some other genuine audio/video extension.

Fact of the matter is you're pretty unlikely to get malware in the first place if you pay proper attention to what you download. If you don't, anything can happen, but you're right it's pretty unlikely they will specifically target you this kind of breach.

Would they have to target you specifically to get your share folder changed or could you just download a file and it does that to your save/share folder

If you download software that allows them to either perform scripted tasks to your PC using your admin level account, or you download software that allows them to remotely take control of your Pc, they can do what they like really

If you download software that allows them to either perform scripted tasks to your PC using your admin level account, or you download software that allows them to remotely take control of your Pc, they can do what they like really

I don't believe I downloaded that software unless it was embedded in a limewire file or something without me knowing

Back
Top Bottom