Making programs use more RAM?

thunderbox

Beta member
is ther a way?? i have 350mb of ram free and i want a process to use 50mb and not 5mb so it can finish the job quicker. is there a way that i can do this becuase i dont know how i can and i have already looked on google...

What?

No program, however much RAM it gets is going to run faster. It will use only the amount of RAM it needs and is defined in the code of the program.

To speed something up; right click on the process in Task Manager and go to Priority; then set to High, Very High or Realtime - that way the process gets more Processor Priority and can get more done in less time as other programs have to wait.

If you're doing anything else, High is the best, because it will slow down other programs when the process calls for power and takes the processor away from other tasks.

Yea, if you want something to go faster just set the proccess priority on high or somthing. Will take more processing from the CPU.

ram is just a form of memory. you can't make it use more memory. it won't affect your speed any unless its full, then it will slow down.

Back
Top Bottom