mac of pc?

errrr....i might be the only crazy dumb-dumb on this board, but i love my MACs (plural). I own a Powerbook G4 and a G5. i use PCs alot too, but when it comes to graphic design, my MACs do the job right.

brwntiger said:
errrr....i might be the only crazy dumb-dumb on this board, but i love my MACs (plural). I own a Powerbook G4 and a G5. i use PCs alot too, but when it comes to graphic design, my MACs do the job right.

No - nobody is crazy dumb-dumb on here; minus Novartic sometimes.

I've never used a Mac for powerful Graphics Design - nor used what would generally be classed as powerful Graphics Design on a PC. But Abode Photoshop on mine does what I want perfectly and more.

That is the only (no offense meant) thing that I find too be really good on macs - editiong. When it comes to graphic and video editing, I would vote for a mac right away.

Itsme

Yeah - but unluckily for Mac - people don't generally buy a Computer for over, if you want it good £2,000 just to do graphics and video editting. When you can do damn good graphics and video editting on a Windows PC brought for more than £2,000 (probably pretty close to the same) and can do so many more things.

it's kind of funny... this went from windows vs. macintosh to talking about eating yohgurt to live longer.:rolleyes:

Yeah - but its back onto Mac vs. Windows now! :D

Talking of that; how many people do you think will move to Windows from Mac with the introduction of Longhorn?

Lord Kalthorn said:
Yeah - but its back onto Mac vs. Windows now! :D

Talking of that; how many people do you think will move to Windows from Mac with the introduction of Longhorn?
probably not very many. if you use mac, you will usually stay with mac. if you use windows, you will usually stay with windows.

Probably right. It would be nice to have a couple percent of all computers change; or realise they're wrong. Only leaving the hardcore 1% who love Macintosh. Then maybe they'll close down and they'll have to go to WIndows or LInux! :D

gthere are more than a hardcore 1%, mos publishing houses will assemble magazines on a mac, walk into WHSmith and see how many magazines there are, each magazione will have a couple of editors, so that is many thousand macs.

There is also a massive home user market, (much more in america than the UK).

And then there is a massive amount of use in schools and colledges.

so macs apear to be everywhere, home schools and business.

(ther are obviously more businesses than just magazine and paper houses that use macs, but none spring imediatly to mind.

I thnk the thing that has really killed off macs the the average user is the amount of control Mac has over it's customers, propriatory hardware / software etc...

And windows appears o be going the same way...

Best dust off those linux discs eh?

(microsoft arn't my favorite people at the moment)

Back
Top Bottom