mac os on vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

longshot

Solid State Member
so i have leopard 10.4 on cd and im pondering whether to install it on my compaq presario. i have vista home premium.

im new so dont hate too much. thanks in advance.

heres my setup.
06 compaq presario
-nvidia geforce 8800ge 512mb card
-dual core pentium r 1.80 ghz
-2 gb of ram.
-326gb hd

DSC01419.jpg

I think there are ways to install it, however to do so would be a breach of Apple's EULA for Mac OS X.

this is that kind of website?

i bought the OS. from apple. so theres nothing breaching anything. has anyone done it or not?

I haven't done it, my first question would be why do you want to install it in the first place? If it's just for the sake of having the Mac OS on a PC or because it's what you're used to or just because you want to - fair enough, a quick google should sort you out on some steps to doing it.

If it's for any specific reason, then you'll need to tell us what it is and why you want to install it before anyone could say whether it'd be worth it or not!

this is that kind of website?

i bought the OS. from apple. so theres nothing breaching anything. has anyone done it or not?

Actually, if you read the EULA, you'll see that it forbids you from installing the operating system on any piece of hardware that is not Apple-labelled. I don't agree with their EULA (being a freedom-loving (as in,free-speech) kind of guy) but, nevertheless, it is a licence that is legally enforceable.

Apple said:
2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.
A. This License allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-labeled computer at a time. This License does not allow the Apple Software to exist on more than one computer at a time,and you may not make the Apple Software available over a network where it could be used by multiple computers at the same time. You may make one copy of the Apple Software (excluding the Boot ROM code) in machine-readable form for backup purposes only; provided that the backup copy must include all copyright or other proprietary notices contained on the original.

Actually, if you read the EULA, you'll see that it permits you from installing the operating system on any piece of hardware that is not Apple-labelled.
Do you mean forbids? ;)

weve cleared this up you can't do this it's against apple's license agreement you can only install apple software on apple machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom