Linux: suse

matt_999

BSOD
hey everyone, im a total noob to linux, Suse is meant to be the easiest linux OS to use, lol!

it says enter the swap partition, when i type summet it comes up error activating swap space? what do i enter there?

regards
Matt

Well ... i'm not too sure about the isntallation of SuSe because i haven't yet used it but i would recommend Fedora Core 4 for people who are new to Linux, ie me :)
Its easy with a graphical installer and everything, it should be too hard, you just need a rough knowledge about it which is good :) Good luck

It sounds to me that it is asking you to enter the size of the swap partition. If you have 512mb of RAM, I would create a 512mb swap partition. You may want to look around for a "auto partition" option in the installer, because I think Novell included such a option for new users. What version of SuSE is this?

SuSE (9.x +) has an auto-partition option. The only reason you might want to go manual is if you have a very small HD. If you want to enter a Megabyte size for swap you'll have to do it +512M for a 512MB swap partition.

Can you post more details on what's going on? and the specs of the computer you're installing on would be helpful as well.

Back
Top Bottom