linux root privileges

jladdm3

Baseband Member
some how i dont have all the privileges anymore, when i go to change add a windows computer to the domain (using the root account) it says the domain dosnt exist or cant be contacted. any ideas?

which distro? And there probably is a command you could use.
And are you sure it's a problem with the priviledges because to me "the domain dosnt exist or cant be contacted" doesn't sound like it.

not sure if its priviledges or not...its weird. if i enter something other than the domain it will come up with a different error. when i do enter it correctly....it must find the domain because it prompts me for the aministrative username and password. i can log on to the domain on other computers using the same username and password. sometings up with it.

jladdm3 said:
some how i dont have all the privileges anymore, when i go to change add a windows computer to the domain (using the root account) it says the domain dosnt exist or cant be contacted. any ideas?

Are you talking about using samba 3 as an active directory controller?

not sure what version of samba we are running. but how would i add another user account that has privilages equal to the root account.

Back
Top Bottom