linux redhat 9.0

Andy87

Baseband Member
well i want to download redhat 9.0, can anyone point me to a site to download them for free? i have looked, but havent found anything, thanks

why Fedora? what are the pros of using fedora over redhat?

edit, redhat links did not work, said error 550. downloading the isos for fedora, any tips?

Fedora is redhat...

redhat ran from version 1 - 9 as a single OS,

after version 9 redhat split the development into two parts.

fedora and the enterprise versions.

Fedora is released for free, and is generally the *next step* for the server OS. that is to say that the nwest features are *generally* road tested in Fedora.

Fedora is now up to version 4...

Basically that means that Redhat Linux 9 is now 4 versions behind, as fedora 4 can really (to all purposes) be thought of as redhat linux 13.

You'll find it quite hard to find rehat 9 because it's so many versions behind...
however, let me know if you still realy really want it, as I have a copy and can make some ISOs for you.

heavily recomend you just use fedora though.

thanks guys for your input, im downloading fedora 4 right now, im on disk 3 iso, also thanks root for the offer to redhat 9.0

on another note, what is a good newbie server os to start with in linux? i have an old p1 that i want to experiment with

for a P1...

it depends how new to linux you are...

I'd recomend debian since it's easy to use, but only if you know nothing about linux...
it can sometimes be infuriating since it relies on approved libraries, (so you'll never find the newest releases)...

Mandrake is meant to work pretty much alike window to make it easier to use...

but my personal recomendation and what I think is best is to use redhat

Back
Top Bottom