Linux help

umm, how do you find that out, all i know is that it is the broardband modem from ntl, its really bad and the service is really bad, it keeps on breaking down

it's probaly usb, which are generally pretty crappy but they work...sort of . find where the phone line plugs into the computer for the internet and then post up if it goes to a box plug that plugs into the back of the computer via a usb or ethernet connection. or if the phone line plug straight into the back of the com

sound like a modem router which is very good news, it means that it is connected all the time and all you have to do is plug it into your linux box/machine tell linux that the internet connection is always on, as I said I can't tell you how step by step becuase my linux box is down. And get surfing

do i plug it into the ethernet port then? it is always on unless ntl's server is down, which is quite a lot of the time because they are rubbish!

yeah just plug it into the network port and tell linux that it is an alway on lan connection. i can't remember exactly how to do this but you just have to fiddle and find out by trial and error

ok thanks, ill give it a go tomorrow or ill try to get it to connect to my school network

Back
Top Bottom