Linux a good OS.

MSFanBoy said:
Although we all have to agree Linux/Unix is a better OS for servers by far.

Depends on what kinda servers. Webservers, yes. Domain controller, hell no.

Well, webservers definitely, gaming servers...well considering most games do make server editions for linux, it's usually easier for the admins to just use the windows version, so I don't really have a clear cut answer on gaming servers.

Linux + Gaming = Blah! LOL I love linux server platforms, and there is alot of stuff out there for them specially for stability/security. but gaming is just plain weak on linux.

WTF he didn't ask anything about Windows. NOTHING about gaming. How'd it even come up.

Linux is a great networking OS. But I'm sure the tools you can find on Linux you can find on Windows also. Raw sockets are now on Windows too...

RewtGuy said:
WTF he didn't ask anything about Windows. NOTHING about gaming. How'd it even come up.

Linux is a great networking OS. But I'm sure the tools you can find on Linux you can find on Windows also. Raw sockets are now on Windows too...

Raw sockets are not in SP2 for XP.

lhuser said:
There is a different OS called ReactOS that runs Windows executables and such, free, but it's a beta and it's only 13MB. Not really tasting.

I downloaded this and attempted to boot to the CD and I immediately got an error message (would not even start the install). Could this be because there is already an installation of Dapper Drake Ubuntu on the system ? If that might be the cause of the error, is it possible the install would proceed if I first wiped the hard drive ?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom