Linux

CGfreak102

In Runtime
im new to Linux and im looking for a Linux OS to start with, i have tried Slackware, but i never got it to fully boot, i think i need to know some commands and i got away from it, so just an easy to use Linux OS if what im looking for

Try either Ubuntu or pclinuxos. Both are easy to use and pclos comes with beryl and a lot of codecs and what not that you would need.

I would also recommend Ubuntu. The standard download comes with a Live CD built in, so you can test it off that before you install (the Live CD's desktop actually has an installer icon to install the full version for you, providing you know what you are doing regarding your hard drive setup and filesystem).

yea most people will recommend ubuntu linux for beginners. i think its pretty good. i just dont really want to switch to it full time

alrite the ubuntu it is, i think i already have the ISO downloaded so im all set, just now to dig out the spare computer

I would try Ubuntu or one of the Fedora versions. I have taken several Linux classes throughout my college experience, and I have worked with both Linux and Ubuntu. Fedora seems to be a bit more user friendly, but I have worked with it a lot more than I have with Ubuntu, so I am not sure exactly how they compare.

I would also recommend ubuntu. :)

Have been using it for about a year, and have to say it's real easy to use/install. And, the new version, that came out recently (Gutsy), is just amazing.

Back
Top Bottom