Linspire

plv2887

Beta member
www.linspire.com

What do you think about it? Should I buy it? I have a very low budget and it seems like a good deal. It is compatible with microsoft office documents and AOL and MSN instant messaging and email, which is all i need. Do you think I will have trouble visiting some websites or opening email attachments? I am also very tired of Microsoft Windows and all its bugs and viruses. I would appreciate your comments.

plv2887 said:
www.linspire.com

What do you think about it? Should I buy it? I have a very low budget and it seems like a good deal. It is compatible with microsoft office documents and AOL and MSN instant messaging and email, which is all i need. Do you think I will have trouble visiting some websites or opening email attachments? I am also very tired of Microsoft Windows and all its bugs and viruses. I would appreciate your comments.

Yeah ... Microsoft Windows can be a pain in the ass sometimes ...

Linspire is the new name for Lindows ... which was intentionally a combo between Linux and Windows ... haven't used it for myself ... but I have heard it is very good. Hey, if it enables you to do what you want .. why not?

plv2887 said:
www.linspire.com

Slap my Arse and call me Betty Boop!

What sort of a bent and twisted system have we, the Computer World created when some people can't take a side? Either go for Windows and get undeniably the best all-round Operating System in the World; or go for Linux and get a brilliant and Open-Source Alternative to Windows. You know what God did to the Muses and Angels who didn't take sides in his War against the Devil for control of Heaven? As far as a know the stupid infidels were destroyed - most of them at least. Whether you go either way; please choose a bloody side!

If you want Windows, go for Windows, if you want Linux (as you appear to) go for Linux; which is very good. What really ticks me off is people who love Windows and want it but are ideots and hate Microsoft and therefore go for - what was it again? - 'Linspire'! If you want to get away from the Millions of 'Viruses and Bugs' which by comparison according to percentage of use there as many in Linux and certainly more in 'Linspire' then bloody well do it. Don't piss about.

No offence meant to you personally of course in that; just a general thing that got me really pissed of.

I have to agree with Lord Kalthorn this time. I think this whole cross between windows and linux is lame. Moreover, most parts of linspire is non-standard. I suggest going straight with linux or just use windows.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think im going to try out linspire first (Ive never used it before). Ive heard that regular linux is hard to use (im not a geek) so i dont know ill try that out too when i find someone that has it. I hope I dont end up buying windows because it just freezes too much. It might freeze right now and ill be pissed and i would break my keyboard in half but i have to remember its not the keyboard its windows... If you keep the same windows with the same hard drive in the same computer for a long time it only gets shittier and shittier even if u use all anti-viruses and spyware. I have windows 98 so maybe it freezes more than the newer ones but still. Quote from linspire.com:

"Linux is well known for its amazing reliability...it just runs and runs and runs. Users often report going months without ever having rebooted their computer. MS Windows users find it difficult to even go a day without having to reset their computer."

Months without rebooting... am i dreaming???? is this real????

It's true. Ever since i switched to linux from windows, i haven't had a single crash or blue screen of death. As for my remarks about Linspire, i stll support linux but if u use Linspire then u will realise how far it has strayed away from linux.

Back
Top Bottom