Laptop Stuck On BIOS Load Screen/Won't Load Vista

Kind of going to throw a stick across the room, should work, don't see why not, don't ask why just do, theirs many reasons as to why it's not booting and one could be a simple problem, try reseating the CPU, make sure the memory is out and all powers are off... I think this may just solve the problem.

Or take the whole thing to bits and retry that... sounds to be like it could be a fault with the memory but having said that you've tried this, can't you run a diagnostics test?

Won't reseating the CPU involves disturbing heat sinks and fans and thermal paste etc?

Can't get into BIOS so I guess it won't load a memtest CD.

Just noticed it's a laptop, no cpu's are easy to get out of laptops, just basic flat head screw drivers to disable it from the socket, before that just phillips screw drivers to dismount the heatsink... make sure you turn the cpu release catch with the flathead.... if you want, depends where in uk but if you're in north-west around - blackpool, preston, manchester I will come and repair it, I will charge £25, unless it's manchester £30

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Won't reseating the CPU involves disturbing heat sinks and fans and thermal paste etc?

Can't get into BIOS so I guess it won't load a memtest CD.

And I'm guessing it's set to boot from hard-drive? If not, try a lite disk of an OS of linux and define the problem their, diagnostic tests and such.

So you can't turn it on, keep pressing f8 for recovery mode? try taking the battery out and try this plugged in...

Last edited:
And I'm guessing it's set to boot from hard-drive? If not, try a lite disk of an OS of linux and define the problem their, diagnostic tests and such.

So you can't turn it on, keep pressing f8 for recovery mode? try taking the battery out and try this plugged in...

I guess there is thermal paste between the heatsink and CPU, which would get disturbed? Won't that cause issues with cooling?

Yes it's set to boot from the hard drive.

It turns on, but freezes part way through it's loading of the BIOS and pressing any F buttons does nothing. If F2 (Setup) or F4 (Recovery) are pressed straight away it says 'Please Wait', but nothing happens.

I guess there is thermal paste between the heatsink and CPU, which would get disturbed? Won't that cause issues with cooling?

Yes it's set to boot from the hard drive.

It turns on, but freezes part way through it's loading of the BIOS and pressing any F buttons does nothing. If F2 (Setup) or F4 (Recovery) are pressed straight away it says 'Please Wait', but nothing happens.

Yes, it would disturb the thermal paste between the CPU and heatsink which would cause issues unless you replace that..

While I'm not sure what will help, why do my fellow forumers keep suggesting things that he cannot do? Seriously it's wasting time to suggest anything that involves booting off a USB/CD/HDD if he can't even get past the POST operation to even enter BIOS.

While I'm not sure what will help, why do my fellow forumers keep suggesting things that he cannot do? Seriously it's wasting time to suggest anything that involves booting off a USB/CD/HDD if he can't even get past the POST operation to even enter BIOS.

I can do what I suggested :D

Please ignore me, ulterior motives :flowers:

I'd take it to the shop, we've give you every information to fix these issues, you're either worried to much about the cpu reset which I suggested, you don't seem to want to do that because you think it will dispose of some thermal paste which I'm pretty sure it barely has any left and most likely needs replacing anyway, thermal is £1 where I am, now if that puts a hole in your pocket, then shoot me in the balls but I think doing what I suggest will actually fix the issue, laptops are easy to repair, and so is taking out the cpu, just don't be to scared, if you are, goto the pc repair shop.

The amount of times I've been stuck at POST and not being able to solve the problem I've always reseated the CPU and let me tell you, 95% of the time it actually works, 12years experience pal.

Like I said, we've all helped and gave as much information as we can, one of the above should of fixed the issue, if none are fixed after my trick, it's simply a hardware fault, we can't fix that, but only you can goto the shop and get the correct guy who provides the proper tools to determine where the problem exist.

I rest my case on this one, if you won't do my idea I guess I'm pointless here as all my suggestions have already been made kindly by all of our other members.

Thanks for using CF, Enjoy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom